How to keep your teeth healthy?
Is a beautiful smile your dream? Do not dream, but act: keep your teeth healthy, they will not cause discomfort, and you will delight yourself and those around you with an attractive smile. To make your teeth look beautiful, simple cleaning is not enough: you have to make an effort and spend time, but the result is worth it!
5 helpful tips on how to watch your teeth
The main cause of dental problems is plaque formation. It is difficult to get rid of, even with expensive brushes and mouthwashes. But these 5 dental tips will help you deal with the problem:
- clean your entire mouth. Bacteria actively accumulate on the cheeks and tongue, so brushing is not limited to your teeth. Do this in the morning and evening, for the best effect – after every meal. If you can’t brush your teeth every time after eating, just rinse your mouth thoroughly;
- change your toothbrush and toothpaste regularly. You also need to change the brush after an illness. Buy different pastes, as teeth get used to a set of ingredients and stop perceiving them;
- use dental floss. The brush cannot completely clean the oral cavity, especially in hard-to-reach places. Therefore, dental floss is used to remove plaque and food debris. It should be used daily as food debris and plaque can lead to tooth decay. You can clean your teeth only with smooth movements, sharp ones will damage the gums;
- visit the dentist. Even if there are no dental problems, you need to visit a doctor: he will conduct a preventive examination and prevent the development of oral diseases. It is also recommended to apply for professional teeth cleaning once every 1-2 years : the procedure eliminates plaque and calculus, prevents the appearance and development of caries;
- eat less acids and sugar. Caramels and lollipops, as well as carbonated drinks, are dangerous for the teeth. Acids are found in freshly squeezed fruit juices, so after them it is advisable to rinse your mouth with boiled water. Teeth darken from tea and coffee, but tea strengthens tooth enamel and coffee has antibacterial effects.
To keep your teeth healthy, eat right: Eat foods that contain vitamin D – eggs, sea fish, veal and poultry. Also, you cannot do without calcium, which is found in black tea and fish. If vitamins are still not enough, buy vitamin and mineral complexes and dietary supplements at the pharmacy.
How to avoid dental diseases?
Tartar, bad breath, and tooth decay are problems that will inconvenience you and drain your wallet. How can you avoid them?
- Diversify your diet – eat dairy products, fish, and meat.
- Chew gum only after meals and for no more than 10 minutes.
- Brush your teeth in the morning after breakfast and before bed.
- Use antibacterial rinse aid.
Take care of your teeth: a beautiful smile always attracts attention and disposes to a person.